Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Will You Bee My Honey?

I've gotten more interested in honey bees lately.  They are so vital to our livelihood.  Did you know that   a majority of the bees needed for the agricultural sector of America are shipped in from outside sources?  That seems so crazy to me!

I recently found this neat plan for a bee garden.  I would love to do something like this when we have our own little homestead.  This comes from Susan Brackney - author of Plan Bee.  You can visit her website here.


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. Having had the chance to work with bees for several years I can attest that they are some of the neatest creatures around - you most definitely should keep a few hives when you have your own little homestead (whether or not you plant a special garden for them).

  3. Christy, we will have to trade notes when we're both bee-keepers! I should do more research, because this is a neat graph!